- Use a 2:1 baking soda and water paste to rub out crayon marks on walls
- Revive potpourri that's lost its scent by spraying with vodka, be sure to stir to saturate every piece
- Rub candle wax on window sill to prevent dust and mold from seeping into cracks. be sure to match the wax to window sill color
- Rub a dime-size dab of petro jelly over a light bulb thread before putting into outdoor fixture to prevent rust
- Remove sticky labels on hard surfaces using 1/2 vinegar 1/2 warm water soak.
- Dissolve driveway oil stains by pouring baking soda on and rub with a wet hard-bristle brush
- Use plastic lids as coaster for your cans so they don't leave scratch or rust marks on surfaces.
- Clean you disposal by grinding vinegar ice cubes
- Clean your microwave by boiling juice of 1 lemon combined with 1 cup of water in the microwave, let sit for 5 mins, then wipe.
- Apply car wax to your patio furniture for easy cleaning and keep from fading fast.
Friday, June 10, 2011
green and frugal: 10 tips for home and garden
being green and being frugal can go hand in hand. Here are 10 tips for the home: