Wednesday, June 8, 2011

an inspiration to live thankfully

Mr LLF came across this video yesterday, and suggest that I watch it.  I didn't want to take time to watch some stupid video on YouTube.  He insisted.  So I sat down begrudgingly, look at how look the video was and thought 8-minute was too long.  However, after I watched the video, I was glad Mr LLF insisted.

The video is about a young man on the Korea's Got Talent show.  His story was that he had no family, lived on the streets for 10+ years, and worked to hard to survive.  His wish is to be able to sing well.  When he started sing, you thought you were listening to some opera sing who's been training for years.  That voice was a gift.  I was humbled. This young man can be thankful to just be able sing for people, regardless of his economic/financial health because he probably has none or very little to speak of.  This young man has a dream and pursues it because he had nothing else to lose.

Everyday, we work hard to have the life that we have, so we can spend the money to live better.  But what really is our goal?  To amass wealth? To what degree?  Have I been thankful that I have a roof over my head or do I take that for granted?  I think most people take it for grant it.  I sure do.

I am not advocating that we all take a vow of poverty, or not care about finances.  I am saying we should be thankful for the things we do have before considering the things we don't have.  I think if we appreciate the thing we do have, we will want less, thus waste less time and money chasing our wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment